Using a Dab Pen
Dab pens are not a necessary part of the dabbing process, and you certainly can “dab” without a pen. But pens make is so much easier, efficient and safe.
If you do decide to go at it without a dab pen, be aware that you may have to use a blow torch while you’re high, which can be very dangerous. Other options include the use of electric nails that can be a pain to set up and tote around. Not to mention without a dab pen you might not have the best idea of how much concentrate you’re using/inhaling and as such can either easily underestimate or overestimate consumption, neither of which is ideal.
Dab pens, or wax or concentrate pens, are the way to go if you plan on dabbing. All you have to do is load your pen and begin vaping with no fuss.
Dab pens are stylish, simple to use, discrete, convenient, and easy on your wallet. These pens are some of the most frequently used devices among those who enjoy vaping concentrates. As such, learning about them and understanding how they function can help you find the best device for your needs.
What is a Dab Pen?
A dab pen is a vaporizer pen that is used to vape cannabis concentrates such as:
- THC oils
- And more…
Most dab pens are equipped with single or dual atomizers. The atomizer is powered by the battery, which in turn heats an internal coil that then increases the temperature of the concentrate to a level at which it does not burn, but produces a vapor. This vapor is full of all the good stuff (THC, CBD, cannabinoids and terpenes) and is inhaled through a mouthpiece at one end.
These pens come in a multitude of shapes, sizes and styles, from “point and shoot” simple varieties to feature rich and high tech models.
Who Uses A Dab Pen?
Dab pens are used by those individuals who like vaping or smoking concentrates or “dabs”. This group usually consists of more advanced cannabis users and those in the medical cannabis community that need or enjoy the more intense “high” and other benefits such as pain relief.
For those who decide to vape while on the go, the dab pen is the best option due to its portability and discreet size.
How to Pick Out a Dab Pen
Once you’ve landed on a dab pen as your next purchase, you need to review a few key aspects of the device to make sure it’ll live up to your expectations.
Dab pens run the spectrum in terms of features and price. While you don’t need to indulge in the most expensive pen on the shelf, you probably also don’t want to go “too cheap”. Remember, a good dap pen can last you years if you take care of it.
Some Things to Look for in a Dab Pen Include:
- Usability — A high-quality dab pen should be portable and lightweight so that you can bring it wherever you need to. The pen should also be comfortable and easy to use.
- Battery Life — A longer battery life means that your pen will be more portable. You should select a pen with a longer battery life so that it will last you at least a couple of sessions and at the very least, a couple of hours. It’s best to keep in mind how often you plan on using your dab pen.
- Charging — Most dab bens can be charged via a USB cable, but some manufacturers have added options such as car adapters and wall outlet plugs. When you have more charging options, you will never run out of battery life.
- Materials —When it comes to dab pens, what the plate is constructed out of makes a huge difference. For example, a ceramic plate will be more durable and efficient in heating. Also, the finish of the dab pen is important too as a good finish should be both appealing and durable.
- Attachments — A good accessory can open up a world of possibilities in a dab pen, and in your overall vaping experience. For example, a water vapor pen will give you a smooth vapor because of its water pipe attachment. Some other attachments can include glass globe attachments that make the vapor visible to the user.
- Warranty — It’s always best to make sure you dab pen comes with a solid warranty. Nothing’s worse than spending good money on a pen and then not being able to have it repaired or returned at no cost to you. Also, a warranty is a form of proof that a company stands behind its product and will deliver as they promised. Some companies also offer money-back guarantees, but in the world of dab pens, this is a bit more on the uncommon side.
- Price — A good dap pen probably won’t be the cheapest, but it doesn’t need to break the bank either. However, some models are more affordable than others. There’s an old adage, “Buy once, cry once.” This means that you should not be afraid to spend a little more on a good pen if it means that the pen will last you for almost a lifetime.
The Best Dab Pen Features
Other considerations when shopping for a dab pen are the features build
Once you’ve got your dab pen all picked out, it’s now time to determine what kind of features will work best for you. There are a wide array of features available for dab pens. Some may be important to you, while others you could pass on without a care in the world.
Wattage and Coil – these two components are vital to producing dense, flavorful vapor.
Customization – the ability to adjust your device to suit various tastes and preferences and for differing dabs is important. Adjusting the heat and wattage can result in changes in flavor, the temperature of the vapor itself, and strength of the pull.
Choosing the Best Dab Pen
A good rule of thumb for choosing a dab pen, or any other vaping device, is to do your research and make a short list of those features that are important to you. Set a budget and see what is available in your desired bracket. Read up on user reviews and even ask friends what they like or dislike.
Since cannabis concentrates have grown in popularity, so have dab pens. If you do your research, you will be able to enjoy all of the possibilities that a good dab pen has to offer. And if you are the type of person who loves to travel, a dab pen is the perfect option to bring some fun with you at any time during your travels.
CBD For Athletes: Can It Benefit Recovery?Read Next ››